About Me

My photo
I love films! I watch all kinds of movies. My favorites are horror films. The cheesier the better. Although, my taste has changed a bit on that. I like a horror movie that plays on my mind a bit and makes me jump. I like the dark shadow lurking in the corner as the actress gets out of bed for a glass of water. I often ruin movies when I watch them with other people. I know plots very well and can often predict an ending just by looking at the cover or title of a movie. There are a few films that surprise me. I'm also a writer of screenplays. I currently have two in the works. Writing is a talent that I was born with and I have never stopped doing it. Sometimes it feels like a job, but so what, it pays. I'm writing a few novels too. I guess I'm just a writer waiting for people to enjoy my stuff. I give a pretty good synopsis of films and people pay attention to my suggestions. Knowing that makes me happy.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Women hitting Men

Violence has always been used as a way to spice up television. Now a days people just brush it off as part of life and it is. Lately I have been watching reality shows that show women hitting men. Who can forget last year when Snooki got a punch in the face from a drunk guy at a bar. Everyone made such a big deal about it and the clip was even taken down on YouTube because it showed violence toward women. Then there was a disclaimer after the show talking about stopping violence toward women and how wrong it was. But what about violence toward men? On last seasons, Teen Mom, Amber punched and shoved her boyfriend Gary more than once and tonight she will strike again by punching his head into a wall. Really? Why is this allowed to happen? Why doesn't MTV have a disclaimer about that? Why are they even showing it? And even better they are showing it in commericals! Violence toward either sex is wrong and women should not have the right to put their hands on men. If the shoe was on the other foot, poor Gary would be strung up by his toe nails if he hit Amber back. This all makes me think about Rihanna and Chris Brown. Oprah, Tyra and a whole other slew of people took the opportunity to bash Brown because he hit a women. But if Rihanna had hit him first or at all, nobody would have cared. Violence toward men does happen and hopefully someone will have the courage to speak out against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment